First Step. Application for the Work Permit Notification 申请外国人来华工作许可通知书
1. Academic Resume （starting from bachelor degree, listed by date, no blank period）学术简历
2. Reference letter from your last employer 上一封雇主出具的推荐信或证明信
3. Highest degree certificate (must be certificated by P. R. China Embassy or Consulate General in the applicant's home country) 最高学历证明和中国驻当地使领馆出具的领事认证
4. Non-criminal record report issued by the applicant's home country's local police authority (must be certificated by P. R. China Embassy or Consulate General in the applicant's home country) 无犯罪记录和中国驻当地使领馆出具的领事认证
5. Health Check Report by the applicant's home country's certain organizations (the report must use the certain report form provided by the P.R. China Administration of Foreign Experts Affairs) 由当地医疗机构出具的体检报告，报告表格需使用中国国家外国专家局专用表格
6. Contract (identified clearly about the applicant's job title, working content, contract period, salary and insurances purchase, together with signature and university's stamp) (Only Chinese is required and legally effective) 工作合同（需注明职务、聘期、工作任务、薪酬及保险购买）
7. Information Page on the applicant's passport 护照信息页
8. ID photo (digital type, white color background) 白色证件彩照
9. The exact location of certain P. R. China embassy or consulate general where the applicant would like to apply for the Chinese visa. 拟办理中国签证确切中国使领馆地点
Note: In this step, when we submit all of these documents to the Foreign Experts Bureau 外国专家局online system, the FEB will take an online check 网络审查first （5 working days）. If everything was fine, our office will submit these copies of documents to the FEB reception desk现场查验. The FEB will check these materials and make the work permit notification工作许可通知书 (5 working days). When the applicant obtains the notification, the applicant could go to certain embassy or consulate general to apply the Z type of visa.
Second Step. Application for the Work Permit 申请外国人来华工作许可证
1. The Z type of visa requires the holder to apply for the residence permit within 30 days from the date of entry. The residence permit must depend upon the work permit.
2. When the applicant obtained the Z type of visa and entry in the Chinese border, the applicant must do the following things in the first 24 hours (do not over 72 hours).
A. Register to the local police department (the International office of SWJTU will first help the applicant to issue a kind of document stating the applicant's name and residence palace etc.)
B. Take a heal check to Chengdu Customs Inspection and Quarantine (MUST Take). The Customs will issue the applicant a Certification of Verification (Bring Passport and ID photo hard copy)
3. Applying for the work permit needs the flowing documents
1) Z visa page and the entry stamp
2) Heal check report certification by Chengdu Customs
3) All of the original documents provided by the applicant's when applied for the work permit notification
When the international office submits these materials online, the FEB online check will cost 5 working days. After the online check passed, the international office will submit all of these original documents to the FEB, the FEB will check and start to make the work permit which is similar to the ID card.
Third Step. Application for the Residence Permit
This step is fully related to the applicant's personal issue due to that the Exit and Entry Authority of Chengdu Public Security Bureau 成都市公安局出入境管理局（EEPSB）requires the applicant's fingerprints. So that applicants must go there by themselves. Required documents follow:
1. the University’s statement and letter of commitment 学校申请函及承诺书
2. PSC Contact Card 涉外单位联系卡
3. Registration Paper from local police station 外国人住宿登记表
4. Passport 护照
5. other documents photocopies 其他文件（外国人工作许可通知、Z签证页、入境章页）
6. ID Photo (white color background) 近期白底两寸正面半身免冠照片一张
7. Personal Statement （the applicant should go the 3rd Floor of Chengdu Exit and Entry Bureau in Tiafu Square to write it） 个人承诺书（到天府广场的成都市出入境管理局三楼自己填写）
8. Health Check Report 成都海关检验仪出具的体检报告
9. Work Permit 外国人工作许可证
Note: When the applicant submit the application for the residence permit, the EEPSB will keep the passport there and give back a temporary identity paper which can buy air tickets and train tickets but cannot open a bank account.